Tuesday 11 June 2013

Geoffroy Thooren - Concept Art Analysis


Geoffroy Thoorens is a French concept artist who currently works at Quantic Dream, the developers of Heavy Rain and the upcoming Beyond: Two Souls.He's also done stuff for movies, TV shows and even board games, so the work  you see on his website is a mix of all kinds of work, ranging from landscape painting to concept art for games like RUSE and Sonic Unleashed.

Geoffroy Thoorens has used photoshop to paint this landscape using different brushes and textures to give it the effect of realism and also show the detail of the calm water. I chose this because i want to be able to get to this level of skill one day and become a concept artists my self and by seeing this type of artwork it allows me to see and learn how to create this help me get better. This piece has also inspired me by how much detail is put into the art and also has the element of realism and fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment